The department of Electrical Engineering offers PhD program in Electrical Engineering. The minimum course work required in the PhD is 18 credit hours or six courses. The candidate will take courses as specified by his/her supervisor. The Faculty Board of Studies (FBS) of EED can also advise on the required courses. The coursework shall be augmented with a 30 credit hours successful doctoral research for the final PhD thesis defense.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree program in Electrical Engineering is designed to prepare students for careers in R&D as well as for conducting independent research at the university level. It is offered exclusively as a full-time program. The candidacy for the PhD program is 5 years (including course work requirements). Exceptions may be granted for candidacy extensions by the competent authority of the University.
- Plasmonics & Metamaterials
- Applied & Computational Electromagnetics
- RF, Microwave and Antenna Engineering
- Micro/ Nano Sensors for HealthCare
- Optoelectronic & 2D Materials Based Devices
- III-V Semiconductor Devices